but fun. =D
It was a four-day- St. John Annual Training Camp.
--------------------------------------
Day one.
Jun Bin and I were out for Fitness proficiency course exam. Couldn't see what they had brought into the camp and how late did they come to the camp.
and for goodness please pass my Fitness!! >.<
---------------------------------------
Day two.
Had a very lame game in the afternoon. HAHA my members can't find the last two candles.
---------------------------------------
Day Three
Members had a "very fun Fun Time" in the afternoon. Donno what they did as Yii Yang, Hao Cherng and I were busy picking coconut husk and drinking coconut water. =D yum yum.
BBQ Nite. We invited SBU C/C and Mr Michael.
I was in charge of the drinks and marinating the chicken. They loved the Longan Sui. =D
Actually it was longan, lychee, and peach. Maybe it tasted more like longan. I didn't drink at all. T.T
Performance......It's comedy sketch. Members laughed before the guest. Know why? they were talking bout different thing, not the "funny" sketch.
Then we start a game called "baby I love you."
If you are chosen, you are to say "Baby, I love you. Can you smile please?" to an opposite sex and the opposite sex have to say "Baby, I love you too but I can't smile." three times without smiling or laughing.
Nice game huh?
Food better.... I was cooking and eating my sweet chicken with Yii Yang. Yii Yang's one better.... he put a lot of "Spaming sauce" [honey + oil].
after the event, campers cleaned the area and slept. The committee slept early, without waiting for me. Then I found out there is no more space to sleep, and I don't want to wake them up. So I slept with my juniors. o.O
-----------------------------------------
Day Four
I woke up at 7, which the committee is still sleeping like a pig. T.T
Then we prepare for Final Assesment....... and I went to prepare lunch for them. Gai fan. RM 125. Damn expensive. but not my money... who cares? =D
Lunch time. 4 of the committee had McDonald's. 2 had gai fan. one of the two is me. T.T no money liao.
Footdrill assesment. Lucky the rain wasn't heavy. only 2 groups had blessing of the heaven. =D
and Finalleh....
Closing ceremony.
Best Group- Group Justice. Devan's the leader.
Best Leader- Lim Zheng Kang from Group WHAT. WHAT= Work Happily As Team. creative.
Best Cadet in the camp- Chong Rui Zheng. He can start a fire. Solo. XD
The above received the proper souviner.
The Comedian- Alfred "Frog" Wan with his fav quote " Fun time very fun!" got a pack of corn
The Coolest Cadet- Chong Yen Fang got another pack of corn
The Everything-In-Second-Group - Brian Cheong [group leader of squad DotA, and yes it's DotA] got a pack of potatoes.
HAHAHA those were leftovers from the BBQ nite! =P have to distribute before it's rotten!
---------------------------------------
Throughout this camp, I learned [as a committee member]:
1. Never prepare too much food for any BBQ.
2. Prepare more drinks. They just love the Longan sui.
3. Never buy food for campers.
4. Must be very prepared.
5. Always have scouts to help in BBQ nite. =P
6. Never discourage people even in a jokingly manner. [to come to your event!]
7. Never use St. John Room as your dorm. It's so DAMN COLD. *shivers*
8. Prepare souvenirs before camp.
9. Collect money before camp.
10. Think of games before camp. Not 1 minute before it.
11. Never be too linear to the campers.
12. Bring more shirts, including casual. T.T
13. Try to bring snacks to eat. Outside food sux. [Sean Yee found a caterpillar in his vegie. Lucky he didn't find half a caterpillar.]
14. Must let members bring raw food.
15. Must not let the members to refill water as they like.
16. Torture your members more. It's a CAMP MAN!
17. Must ask teachers for backup. [Wedontlikethepakcikandnoonewilllikehimalsoandviceversa]
18. Have loads of patience.
19. Never be too relaxed. [Jun bin.... you will die with this in the future. better change it.]
20. Think of what to do next and always do that.
21. Encouragement is always better than harsh comment.
22. Mr Ho likes cute things.
23. Mr Ho likes to say thank you in a cute tone too.=D
Maybe i should post a few pictures. Picture says it all.
and I would like to thank:
1. Mr. Michael for helping us and encouraging us throughout the camp, despite he just came back from work [on BBQ nite].
2. The school for letting us to organize such camp.
3. SBU C/C for coming to our BBQ nite... [sry bout the half cooked chicken....]
4. Lau Yii Yang and fellow scouts for helping us in the camp....[bakau, tent and the camp fire]
5. Members for coming to the camp.
6. The committee members to make me realize that I am random. lol.
7. Cik Norfazaliana for looking after us during the last two days of camp.
Thank You~ =D

Post a Comment